Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Tale of Two Southern Girls Traveling Through Europe....

We have arrived! In less than 24 hours we have flown across the Atlantic, touched down in a new continent, successfully made it through our first train experience, and nodded off during our introductory red, double decker bus tour. Rome is spectacular, but it will be even better after we get some sleep.

Karen, thanks for the neck pillows... even though neither one of us slept much on the plane, it prevented a big ole crick in the neck.

The weather was great today...70 s and windy!

More to come... hopefully with a few pictures!

7 comments:

Karen and Adam Blair said...

I'm so glad that you got there. We thought you might nod off during the red bus tour...that's ok...the joys of traveling. I thought of you all at 3:30 this morning as I was feeding baby Charlie. I think that was when you were arriving. Eat some gelato for me.

Christy Minor said...

Travel can be exhausting...My last trip to Africa took 42 hours and six planes. I can highly recommend Ambien for the long flights. The temp. sounds perfect! It is, of course, hot and humid here. Have a blast!!!

Christy Minor said...

Travel can be exhausting...my last trip to Africa took 42 hours and six planes. Ambien is a must for the long stretches. The temperature sounds perfect! Have a blast.

Anonymous said...

So glad the two sweet southern girls made it and have slept some. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy

Karen and Adam Blair said...

bongiorno!
i have been traveling with you vicariously this morning. i was watching the travel channel with samantha brown's passport to europe. she was in salzburg and sorrento. be sure to go to the mozart museum, and buy some leather gloves in sorrento or in italia. she also went on the sound of music tour. have so much fun! thinking of you! you are also linked to my blog now. :)

Unknown said...

Jennifer, you can rest assured through your vacation that Thing 1 and Thing 2 are enjoying their stay with Froggy! Love the picture. Hugs to you and Cindy, Mary Jane

McKinney Madness said...

I am AMAZED!! And a little jealous that I haven't done something as fun! It really looks like you guys had a blast, and made some memories that will last a lifetime! You girls definitely deserved it!! : )